Unite with Tri-City area business and professional women through volunteer efforts that enable women and girls to live their dreams, take control of their lives, and live according to their own values.
The best way to find out how you can get involved is by attending one of our meetings! SIMC meets monthly the first Tuesday at noon at Fat Olive’s in Kennewick, and the third Thursday at 5:30pm at Applebee’s in Kennewick. E-mail Emily for more information.
You’ll see for yourself our committees in action, learn from our program speakers and experience the Soroptimist mission, vision and core values.
- Service (2011-12 Chair: Sheri) – Research and suggest local projects club members may participate in, and support Soroptimist International programssuch as its trafficking awareness campaign in the Tri-Cities. Help orchestrated club programs and engaging speakers relative to the areas of Soroptimist service, such as economic & social development; education; environment; health; human rights & the status of women; and international goodwill & understanding.
- Scholarships & Awards (2011-12 Chair: Melissa) – Advertise, select and award scholarships and honors to local women including: Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Awards, Soroptimist Club Grants for Women and Girls, the Soroptimist Ruby Award: For Women Helping Women, and the Soroptimist Violet Richardson Award.
- Finance (2011-12 Chair: Tami) – Oversees budget and works with treasurer (Jan) to ensure revenue is being generated to fund project and scholarship expenses.
- Membership (2011-12 Chair: LaPrele) – Mentor new members, helping them get engaged in committees and projects, and organizing social events for member networking.
- Fundraising (2011-12 Chair: Emily) – Organize signature event, annual Tri for Girls indoor charity triathlon, and other activities that generate money for scholarships, projects and causes.
Prepare to be educated about local issues! Program speakers at monthly meetings are selected to address the seven areas of Soroptimist service:
- economic & social development
- human rights & the status of women
- international goodwill & understanding